Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Ever After High - Raven Queen Doll




Oh, if only I could be a kid again. Every time I go to the toy section of a story I'm amazed at the doll selection. Growing up, there was just Barbie. If you want a 11" doll, you get Barbie.

But then I could be wrong. As a kid, I had exactly one Barbie and one My Little Pony. Both were birthday gifts as my family didn't have the financial means to spend much on toys in those days.  So I didn't spend much time in the toy store. Instead I went to my neighbor's house where they had a three story Barbie house, at least a dozen Barbies, Ken dolls and a car. We had hours upon hours of fun with those dolls. Dressing, undressing, role playing... Good times.

Today, with all the selection, a kid can have a dozen dolls from each series alone! Disney Princesses, Monster High, Equestria Girls, Lalaloopsy, Bratz, Ever After High... How do you choose?

All the dolls are beautiful, but the Ever After High girls especially caught my eye. They are absolutely the most gorgeous dolls I've ever seen. They don't have the traditional small face but instead have softer, rounder faces that is just so pleasing to look at. The hair is beautiful and the outfits are just out of the world. So much detail is put into it.

 To me, this isn't a doll to be played with by 4 yr olds, but rather something to be collected and displayed. In fact, I'm not sure if you can actually remove her outfit... The doll come with her own stand so maybe these dolls are for grown up kids like me who can now finally afford to get all the dolls I want :)

I got to watching the Ever After High show after my daughter found it on Netflix. I usually try to watch shows with her so that I know what's going on and the show is super cute. Beautiful drawing and the dialog isn't too annoying. The context of the story is pretty good and age appropriate too.

Raven Queen is my first doll from this series. I really like her character, she seems to be growing to become a strong, independent girl who care about her family and loved ones yet at the same time wanting to pave her own road in life. Or as the story puts it, create her own destiny.

Check out the unboxing of Raven Queen below.



Raven Queen in different outfits available at Amazon


 Regular

 Legacy Day
 Thronecoming

 Getting Fairest





No comments:

Post a Comment